Since launching their best-selling 4 day Ultimate Toubkal Weekend – think Marrakech, Atlas Mountains and summiting North Africa’s highest peak Toubkal 4167m, our partners at KE Adventure Travel now offer 9 ultimate short breaks – all within a few hours of the UK. Try ski touring in Italy, summiting Mt Teide on Tenerife, hike though the Julian Alps in Slovenia or enjoy the highlights of Iceland in winter. All tours our fully guided, include equipment, transport and most meals.
Take a look at which short break is best for you.
Climbing Mount Toubkal Morocco
The ultimate short break – take your weekend to a new high with a maximum group size of 12! Our tried and tested ascent of Toubkal fits perfectly to take your weekend to new heights – includes all meals, our experienced local leaders and time to explore Marrakech – it doesn’t get any better than that!
- Trek to the summit of Mount Toubkal – the highest peak in North Africa
- Spectacular views, deep valleys and the welcome of the Berbers
- A superb adventurous trekking weekend and refuge overnight
- Explore Marrakech and the bustling heart of Jemaa el Fnaa
4 days, departures May to October.
NEW – Mount Teide Weekend Tenerife
Dominating the stunning island of Tenerife and the highest peak in Spain, UNESCO Mount Teide is famed for its breath-taking national park, amazing lunar landscape, endemic flora, star gazing skies and incredible views of the
- Walk to Mount Teide the highest point in Spain and the Canary Islands
- Overnight on the shoulders of Europe’s most famous volcano
- The perfect combination of coast, walking and culture in four days
- Stay in the capital of Santa Cruz and coastal town of El Medano
4 days, departures January – February, October – November
NEW – Mount Triglav Weekend Slovenia
Slovenia is both beautiful and an outdoor lovers paradise. The spectacular Julian Alps contain Triglav National Park which is dominated by the three peaked Mount Triglav (2864m) one of the most impressive mountains in Europe.
- Superb trekking to the summit of Slovenia’s highest mountain
- Fantastic introduction to easy Via Ferrata and alpine scrambling
- Stay in the picturesque alpine town of Lake Bled
- Overnight in the heart of the Julian Alps in a traditional mountain hut
4 days, departures July to October.
NEW – Highlights of Iceland in Winter
This may be a short itinerary, but it is packed with Viking adventure, geysers, glaciers, waterfalls and the northern lights.
- The ‘Golden Circle’ of Thingvellir, Geysir and Gullfoss
- Two nights in the Icelandic capital of Reykjavik
- Glacier walking and ice cave exploration
- 4 nights to in guest houses and hotels with the change to see the famous northern lights.
5 days, departures Dec to Apr.
NEW – Gran Paradiso Weekend
Gran Paradiso at 4061m is the highest mountain entirely within Italy, dominating the impressive alpine massif of the same name. This challenging short break allows you to make the stunning ascent of this snowy giant in a long weekend.
- Traverse Gran Paradiso, the only 4000m entirely in Italy
- Trek across the stunning Vallee Blanche to the Aiguille du Midi
- Guiding ration of 1:4 the entire weekend
- Relax on the final night in a beautiful Chalet in Chamonix with hot tub!
5 days, departures Jun to Sep.
Walking the Tatras in Poland
At 2499 metres, Rysy is the crowning glory of the beautiful Polish High Tatra. Want to know more? Speak to Tim – our Operations Manager who travelled on this holiday in 2015.
- Climb to the summit of Rysy 2499m – Poland’s highest peak
- Superb introduction to scrambling and rugged High Tatra trekking
- Free time to wander through the mountain resort of Zakopane
- Soak up the atmosphere and explore the Old City of Krakow
4 days, departures Jul to Sep.
Hiking the breathtaking Pirin Mountains of Bulgaria
Rugged and dramatic, the Pirin mountains of Bulgaria have some of the most breath taking and undiscovered mountain scenery in Europe.
- The ultimate double high of Vihren (2914m) and Kotelo (2908m)
- Fantastic introduction to via ferrata on the airy Marble Ridge
- Overnight in the welcoming and colourful capital of Sofia
- Visit the spectacular UNESCO-listed Rila Monastery
4 days, departures Jun to Sep.
Cross Country Skiing in Italy
Based in beautiful Val Ferret near Courmayeur, this short-break is a perfect introduction to cross country skiing, as well as being ideal for those wanting to refresh their skills.
- Learn or improve your cross-country ski technique
- Enjoy stunning views of Monte Bianco (Mt Blanc)
- Receive tuition from a BASI-qualified instructor
- 3 days expert cross-country ski instruction in the lovely Aosta Valley
5 days, departures in Jan.
Snowshoeing in Chamonix
A fabulous three days of centre based snowshoeing in the spectacular Chamonix Valley, France; this short break is the perfect introduction to winter walking on snowshoes!
- Snowshoe in France, fully guided with equipment supplied
- Explore snow-covered forests and Alpine summits
- Enjoy Chamonix fine french food, hospitality and Apres `snow`
- Combine with KE`s Italian Ski Break for a superb winter holiday
5 days, departures in Jan to Mar.