United States: Suspect arrested in New York subway shooting arrested on “terrorism charge”

Police and judicial sources point out that the man who caused 23 injuries in Tuesday’s attack on a subway in Brooklyn, New York, was arrested this afternoon and charged with “terrorism.”

Frank R. The arrest of James, 62, was reported by a police officer confirmed by various media outlets, citing the Associated Press (AP) news agency. The suspect was detained in Manhattan, according to NBC New York television.

The suspect was taken to the police station after his arrest, but no further details were available, including the body he seized.

Brian Pease, a U.S. attorney in the Eastern District of New York, announced that James had been charged with “terrorism.”

On Tuesday morning, during an emergency, a man entered the New York subway and opened fire on several people, firing a total of 33 bullets.

At 08:24 local time on Tuesday (13:24 in Lisbon), the suspect, who was wearing a gas mask, threw “two cans of smoke into the interior of a passenger car while the metro was moving.” Enter the 36th Street Station in South Brooklyn, “said New York Police Chief Keessen Sewell.

The attack left 23 people injured, 10 of them with gunshot wounds, although none of the victims were in danger, New York officials said.

Prior to his arrest, authorities pointed out that they were examining several videos on social media in which James considers the United States to be a country ravaged by racism and violence, and he sends harsh criticism to Eric Adams, who is in charge of the New York Municipality.

[Notícia atualizada às 21:11]

See also  Ukraine invasion: Zhelensky rejects Russia's final warning to hand over Mariupol - News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.