Govt19. On the way to the 4th dose of the vaccine, Graça Freitas is already talking about the 5th

The The Director General of Health spoke at RTP3 Studios this Wednesday about the anticipation of the 4th dose of the vaccine – Administration will begin next Monday instead of next fall as planned – and about suspected cases of acute hepatitis.

“This reinforcement [da vacina] According to the evolution of viruses and infections, it will be delivered sooner or later during the winter season, “said Grossa Freidas, who explained that the team responsible for monitoring the virus was considering it. Due to the evolution of cases in recent days The resolution must be brought.

The officer reiterated that those who are now given the 2nd booster dose should take another dose within four to six months. “Possible winter wave”. “The logic is this: Give people the levels they need so they can be protected,” he says of vulnerable people. “The one who suffers the most from the effects of the disease,” he recalled.

5th dose?

He also assured that the 5th dose was already planned, always emphasizing that everything depends on the increase and number of cases, it is now higher. However, the Director General of Health said he was not sure if the increase would be a new wave. “This 5th wave rose very quickly, went down sharply and began to penetrate. […]. At this time, we do not know, [este aumento] 5th wave fluctuation or 6th wave is going to form “He explained.

When asked if this increase in the number of cases was related to the end of the mandatory use of masks, Grossa Freidas said. “There is no restraint or shame in wearing a mask”Note that DGS recommends its use in certain non-compulsory situations.

See also  Russia announces end of military exercises in Crimea | Ukraine

Ómicron strain BA.5 and controls

It further assumes that the Ómicron variant becomes a strain BA.5 complex. “It is estimated that in a few days it will reach about 80% of the Ómicron type, which currently dominates”He also warned that “variations can change the landscape from one day to the next.”

The official said that “those under the age of 60 or 65 may still be considered” vulnerable groups “and are being considered and studied.” “We are looking at other countries, emerging studies, the results of countries like Israel,” he explained.

Asked about This Thursday, voting was recorded at the hospital in Sao JoaoIn Porto, he also talked about free trials. “Self-examination is very affordable and accessible in pharmacies. In case of doubt, it is advisable to test.”Remembered.

As for the possibility of imposing restrictions, As the EU has already warnedThat said it is essential to be prepared. “It is always necessary to make changes, taking into account the pattern of movement, interactions and behaviors […]. It is necessary to monitor the situation well and adapt the measures according to the situation.“, he said.

Finally, in this case, he assured that despite the fact that more people tested positive, the disease did not worsen. “People between the ages of 10 and 19 now and then 20 to 49 are the most affected,” he said.

Acute hepatitis in childhood

During the interview, the Director General confirmed that they were Nine cases of severe hepatitis so far. “It simply came to our notice then […] – It’s mostly well developed, it happened in Portugal, he admits, “it’s always vague.” This is what is happening around the world. There are more than 300 cases, we know the picture. The reason is unknown, “he said.

See also  "I know him well" - Viewer

Admitting that the explanation is difficult, He said there were no confirmed cases of severe hepatitis in Portugal, Because it is necessary to find out the reason for it. “Nine cases of this type of hepatitis have manifested themselves in recent times, in children under the age of 16, liver enzymes are elevated, and no cause has been identified,” unlike other hepatitis, in which the virus was detected, for example, concluded.

You can also read: The former health minister says the increase in cases is not a cause for warning

News by the Minute was nominated for a Marketier Award

The News by the minute One of the nominees for the 2022 edition Marketer AwardsIn terms of Digital media. Voting runs until May 31.

To help us succeed, visit the website of the initiative organized by the magazine MarketerClicking HereAnd proceed to fill out the form and select News by the minute In terms of Digital media And then formalizing the votes. Thanks for your wish!

Always know first.
Six star consumer choice and five-star award for online journalism for the sixth consecutive year.
Download our free app.

Download from the Apple Store

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.