The ceasefire in Tiyagi Mariupol allowed the evacuation of twenty people from the Azovstale power station, while the bodies of three were found on the outskirts of Pucha with signs of torture. Russia, which has argued that the risks of a nuclear war should be minimized, has announced an attack on 17 Ukrainian military bases with precision missiles. The Odessa airport was also attacked. Here are the highlights of the 66th day of the war, which was attended by actress and activist Angelina Jolie.
– At least 20 injured were evacuated from Azovstel SteelworksIn the martyred city of Mariupol, where 1,000 civilians and 2,000 Ukrainian soldiers were besieged, a factory spokesman said he had confirmed a ceasefire at the site to allow evacuation. New satellite images from Maxar Technologies released this Saturday show almost all the buildings destroyed.
– A senior official of the Russian Foreign Ministry said that Moscow believes The risks of nuclear war must be minimized. “The risks of a nuclear war that can never be unleashed must be minimized, especially by preventing any armed conflict between nuclear powers. Russia clearly adheres to this understanding,” said Vladimir Yermakov, the ministry’s head of affairs. For nuclear weapons, the state news agency quoted. Minister Sergei Lavrov He accused NATO of interfering in the political settlement in UkraineThe United States and its allies across the Atlantic Ocean have declared that they have used the country as a “tool to control Russia.”
– Kiev officials announced The bodies of three tortured men were found in a well in the village of Myrotsky, near the town of Pucha.. The victims’ hands were tied and gags and eyes were tied around their mouths. “The victims were tortured for a long time, and eventually, each of them was shot in the head,” Kiev regional police chief Andriy Nebytov was quoted as saying by the France-Press (AFP) news agency. According to the official, “the residents tried to cover up the traces of violence, so they threw their bodies into the well and covered it with soil.”
– The Russian Defense Ministry announced that the country’s armed forces have reached today 17 Ukrainian military installations with high-precision missiles, A command post used to store artillery and a warehouse were destroyed, Reuters reports. According to the ministry, more than 200 Ukrainian soldiers were killed and 23 armored vehicles destroyed in the attacks.
– The Odessa Airport, A Ukrainian coastal town located on the shores of the Black Sea, was attacked by Russian missiles this Saturday. According to officials and journalists at the scene, there was no casualty but the runway was unusable.
– Held in Ukraine and Russia Prisoner exchange: Seven soldiers (including a five-month-pregnant) and seven Ukrainian citizens have returned home, according to a statement from Ukraine’s Deputy Prime Minister Irina Vareshchuk, which did not elaborate on how many Russian citizens were transferred.
– Ukraine’s Deputy Minister of Agriculture accuses Russian forces of possession “Millions of tons” of grain were stolen Occupied areas.
– Actress Angelina Jolie, UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Goodwill Ambassador Visits Ukraine In the picture below, an American, human rights activist poses with children in the western city of the country, provided by the Liv Municipality.
“Hardcore explorer. Extreme communicator. Professional writer. General music practitioner. Prone to fits of apathy.”