The International Reel Rock Film Tour is returning to the UK this November, bringing a brand-new collection of cutting-edge climbing films to venues around the country.
The Tour will premier four new films starring climbing icons as they attempt to achieve their lifelong ambitions in far-flung locations, from icy Antarctica to the Bedouin canyonlands of the Middle East. And with climbing announced as a new sport for the 2020 Olympics, the film Up to Speed delves into the little-known discipline of speed climbing.
“With jaw-dropping action, soulful journeys and rollicking humour, this annual global event sets the standard for climbing films,” says Tour Director Nell Teasdale.
Big names include Adam Ondra, known as the Czech crusher, as he explores a new realm of human potential in climbing in Age of Ondra. And Savannah Cummins, Alex Honnold and Cedar Wright are among a dream team of six elite climbers mounting an expedition to one of the world’s last great climbing frontiers: the remote frozen towers of Antarctica.
As well as four thrilling films, each screening will see a free prize giveaway to win climbing goodies.
Originating in the United States, the Reel Rock Film Tour is now in its 13th year, and 2018 is the seventh time it has visited the UK and Ireland.
2018’s Reel Rock Film Tour dates and venues are:
• 13-14 November Bristol, Redgrave Theatre
• 13 November Manchester, Manchester Climbing Centre
• 13 November Reading, Reading Climbing Centre
• 15 November Penrith, Rheged Centre
• 16 November Caernarfon, Galeria
• 17 November Matlock Bath, Grand Pavilion
• 18 November Harrogate, Harrogate Climbing Centre
• 18 November Sheffield, Abbey Picture House
• 22 November London, Conway Hall
• 23 November Birmingham, Crescent Theatre
• 26-28 November London, Conway Hall
• 28 November Ilkley, Ilkley Cinema
• 27 December Newcastle, Tyneside Cinema
For more information and tickets, see www.reelrock.co.uk